Thursday, August 12, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Howdy, readers!

Today, Google managed to wake up the movie aficionado in me! You all know the movie 'The Wizard of Oz', unless you have been living under a rock for the last 71 years. Yes, that's right, 71 years have passed since Dorothy (Gale, not Hollins) and Toto left Kansas behind and began their magical journey over the rainbow.
I remember that when I was little, after the cartoons programme ended, you could see old movies without subtitles. That was the first time I saw 'The Wizard of Oz'. And I was five years old and did not understand a single word, but I was fascinated by the splendid scenery, the songs and the costumes. I wanted Dorothy's ruby slippers so bad that even now, when I wear red flats, I think about them. Or maybe I still am the little girl from years ago...
Anyway, I hope this post will make you remember the movie, as well as your childhood, and if you have not seen it yet, this might be the perfect moment.

1 comment: